오늘 본 상품

오늘 본 상품이
없습니다.

자유게시판

It's Finally Out! Preorders are Transport this Week

페이지 정보

작성자 Madonna 댓글 0건 조회 72회 작성일 24-01-10 11:38

본문

The value is unchanged at £79.99, https://leaksoff.com/ or £89.98 including the non-obligatory BOOT ROM which permits the SAM to load in the mass storage on startup from a reminiscence chip on the Trinity to avoid wasting having to load it in from floppy disk at startup. Upgrade Module I've not forgotten about you all who have the earlier V1.0 and V1.1 revisions, I've made an upgrade module is obtainable to improve these to the new v1.2 hardware to get the SD card pace boost! It's easy to fit, the improve module replaces the socketed microcontroller on the Trinity board. Just lever the old chip out of its socket and plug the improve in. The speedup is dealt with within the hardware so there is no software adjustments on the SAM in anyway. The upgrade module is priced as a "commerce in" at £16.99 + return of the previous chip. This avoids digital waste and retains the price down with the outdated chip being returned. As standard to order, please ship a message by way of my Contact Quazar web page. Retrocomputing Shows... The next retrocomputing present I'll be at is the Retro Computer Festival 2023 on the Centre for Computing History in Cambridge on Saturday 4th and Sunday fifth November. For extra info and tickets see the occasions page on the centre's webpage. I was additionally at the newest Legendary Gathering at the Retro Computer Museum in Leicester a few weeks in the past in September. I had a terrific time exhibiting what I do for the SAM Coupe and different platforms and had my prototype Mayhem Accelerator set up in the again of my SAM dashing it up to 20MHz. As talked about in the earlier information update I was holding some charity auctions to learn RCM and so far over £50 has been raised and donated. New Quazar Surround sound cards... The Quazar Surround was my first piece of hardware for the SAM Coupé, a sound card offering multi-channel digital sound with surround sound outputs, actually pushing what an 8-bit computer might do sonically! As introduced beforehand, I am making a limited edition run of "Anniversary Edition" soundcards, constructed into the test molds of the MGT/SAMCo interface circumstances. These have all been pre-ordered and paid for, but it has been amazing to see the curiosity in them far exceeding the number I'm was able to make. So it solely makes sense with the massive curiosity I'm now dedicated to creating a new "standard version" which I should have out in November. These wont be cased, but can be in the same style of my latest interfaces which are a "PCB Sandwich" type (reminiscent of ZX-ECUTOR and VIC-20 Cartridge Interfaces). Pricing is presently pencilled in at £79.99 with an SD card (for Trinity) of introductory software, or £89.Ninety nine with the software on a stack of floppy disks. In case you are interested by preordering one from the primary batch please let me know.. Game Remasters... Ive by no means stopped promoting the video games Ive coded myself, nevertheless I'm now in the final phases of releasing up to date versions the place Ive taken a contemporary take a look at them to add some nice little tweaks and touches right here and there. Test prints of the box inlays are above! Im additionally nearing completion with the re-releases of a few of the video games Ive been ready to obtain the rights and theyre getting the same remaster therapy! Pre-orders for these games being taken now, aiming to ship in October/November. Each game will likely be accessible as a Trinity SD Card version (£15.99) or a number of Floppy Disk version (£19.99). To preorder please send a message by means of my Contact Quazar page. First two of my own titles... Stratosphere The Cyberspace Battle Has Begun! Zoom around the 3D Cyberspace world in your customised Cybercraft. Destroy the numerous varieties of enemy cybercraft and accumulate all of the flags to progress onto the subsequent and extra harmful stage. Stratosphere options MODE four line vector graphics on the SAM, launched in 1997 to rave reviews in the magazines of the time - Blitz 97%, Crashed 5/5, SAM Community 98%. Stratosphere showed what the SAM was capable of! Money Bags 2 The SAMs answer to Jet Set Willy is my Money Bags Trilogy of games! That is the huge sequel that was originally released again in 1997, with a number of hundred rooms and its now been remastered with brand new sampled soundtracks! (You might have seen the unique on difficulty 9 of SAM Revival, the middle instalment Money Bags 1½ on SAM Revival challenge 17. Both again issues are available for £6.99 each + postage). And subsequent are two titles that at the moment are in the Quazar portfolio. I had great enjoyable working with these groups back within the 90s helping them out with including soundcard assist and the odd piece of code. Good occasions! IMPostors Ever been to the IMP Circus? Its the greatest show on Earth! But theyre having issues. Its the night time of the large performance tonight and the circus has been stolen by the Imps arch enemy, Captain Y-Fronts! From the twisted thoughts of Mungus Software, IMPostors is an arcade puzzler where you control 5 Imps each with their very own particular potential, battling through several zones to get back to the circus, with the grand finale culminating in a variety of mini video games to beat the Captain. For those programmers fascinated, this reveals what GamesMaster can be utilized for! (Mungus Softwares first commercial release was Blokker which has already been re-launched on the coverdisk with SAM Revival difficulty 26 - available for £9.99 + postage. Several other Mungus Software video games also feature on Soundbyte). Amalthea Amalthea was the first game released to help the Quazar Surround soundcard. Featuring high down and facet on levels Amalthea was SAMs reply to Alien Breed! This was the largest recreation thus far to make use of SCADS (The SAM Coupe Arcade Development System games creation package deal). (Various Jupiter Software titles have already been re-launched on the coverdisks with SAM Revival, resembling Booty and Burglar Bob. Just a few other titles and unique games + demos also feature on the Soundbyte disks.) And the final presently scheduled re-release is a giant compliation, particularly for SAM users with the Quazar Surround soundcard. Audio Euphoria So much early hardware failed on the SAM Coupe attributable to lack of software support. After i launched the Quazar Surround in 1995 I made it my promise that there can be masses of software program support for the soundcard, with my first pledge being to provide a diskzine particularly for it! Soundbyte spanned 76 points from 1995 to 2004 with games, demos, utilities and music all tailored for the Quazar Surround - thats so much SAM Coupe software program! "Audio Euphoria" will likely be a compilation containing all 76 points. I will also be including my full worth Quazar Surround only game Super Byke Championship as a bonus as there were many expansion sport zones for that on Soundbyte. And to make it the final word compilation of software program for the Quazar Surround soundcard I'm additionally including in the total standalone utilities: Quazar Studio, Quazar Video Construction Kit and Quazar Sequencer Pro. This mammoth compilation will only be on a SD card to be used with the Trinity Ethernet Interface and Quazar Surround, priced at £39.99. Ive plans for some new issues of Soundbyte to comply with the discharge of the new revision soundcards, maybe combined with future SAM Revival cover disks!) SAM Revival magazine... The software for the forthcoming issues are in the ultimate phases. Ive been playtesting, and helping with a machine code routine, the near final build of The Lower Caverns. Also checking with the creator of Treasure Island Dizzy that's in closing testing and that i hope to offer that a go myself in the approaching days. These are scheduled to be on issues 27 and 28 along with another games. Including UK transport the issues might be pre-ordered now for £12.49 every including UK shipping, £14.Ninety nine with European shipping, or £16.99 with worldwide transport. Lastly, one thing for the ZX Spectrum... 2 Way ZX Bus Expansion card Following a question asking if I made a proper angled enlargement for the ZX Spectrum on Twitter this just happened to roll off my work bench! This allows you to plug two peripherals into the sting connector on the ZX Spectrum, one horizontally, one vertically. These are now accessible for £16.Ninety nine + postage. As typical please pop me a message by way of Contact Quazar page to order, and i even have them listed on eBay.

April News Update... 16th April 2023

Quite a busy information replace, with particulars of my two new SAM Coupe hardware releases to this point this yr and a few charity auctions that are actually stay. It's odd to think that it's now 30 years since I purchased my first SAM Coupe, which I began to study and program for right away, with my first game published 3 weeks later - The Towers Of Hanoi, on problem 33 of Fred disk journal. While I nonetheless primarily concentrate on the SAM Coupe with so much hardware, software and magazines accessible and so many new projects on the go I do also have subsites for hardware I make for other techniques. 2014.samcoupe.com - Hardware modules (SID Soundchip Interface, Graphic OLED Interface) for RC2014 programs and compatibles - which can even work on the SAM Coupe and ZX Spectrum via the Bus Interfaces I make. 8580.samcoupe.com - A module to use the 8580 SID sound chip in circuits designed for the 6581. (MOS 6581 & 8580 = Commodore 64 Sound chips) I do not yet have a devoted subsite for the ZX Spectrum hardware I make, however you may see in earlier news entries under details about my ZX/SAM Rom Cartridge and several other ZX interfaces. New SAM Coupe hardware releases... VIC-20 Cartridge Interface As shown as a prototype in information updates last 12 months and also demonstrated when I used to be at various reveals throughout the country, I had designed an interface to read VIC-20 Cartridges on the SAM Coupe so they are often run with the fantastic VIC-20 emulator created a few years in the past by Simon Owen (VIC-20 emu web page / source code). While it was initially just a personal folly there was some interest in it (as properly as it being described as witchcraft by people at shows!) I've now produced a finished version of the interface which I've launched as a limited version piece. There are currently 12 games that'll work with it, with a couple of more getting close. As I patch/tweak the emulator to help video games I will be feeding again the changes I make to Simon to put the modified supply code on his GitHub. Supported games: All 5 of the Scott Adams adventures: Adventure Land, Voodoo Castle, The Count, Pirates Cove, Mission Impossible. Arcade Games: Radar Rat Race, Raid on Fort Knox, Rally X, Frogger, Q*Bert, Menagerie, Slot. While this interface is a limited edition there are still some obtainable at time of writing priced at £79.99 + shipping. Interested? Please ship me an email through Contact Quazar page to order. Parallel Port Interface There's not been a printer interface accessible for the SAM Coupe since early 1999 so following a request I've designed a brand new interface to offer your SAM Coupe a parallel printer port. My new design is absolutely suitable to the original MGT specifications for the parallel port, as well as fixing two slight flaws that were present with the unique interfaces. As the SAM can support two printer interfaces there is a switch on the interface to pick if it acts as port 1 (the default port - utilized by LPRINT, LLIST and doubtless all software program that does printing) or as port 2. I am also including a new centronics printer cable (approx length 90cm) with the interface, however if you happen to wish to have a longer cable then I could make it to your necessities. The Parallel Port Interface + 90cm cable is out there now as a bundle priced at £59.99 + shipping. Charity Auctions, benefitting the Retro Computer Museum in Leicester... I've listed a "special" model of my ZX/SAM ROM CART on eBay with 100% of the proceeds being donated via "eBay For Charity" to the Retro Computer Museum in Leicester, the place I was four instances final 12 months and as soon as thus far this yr. As a bit of background to this listing, I've been designing hardware for dwelling computers now since 1995 when i started Quazar, primarily for the SAM Coupe laptop but in recent years I've branched out to cover other some other techniques including the ZX Spectrum (which was my first laptop again in 1983!) and the RC2014 Z80 based mostly kits and compatible techniques. In all my years of producing hardware last yr one thing happened for the very first time - someone tried to scam me with a dodgy return. Via eBay they purchased one in all my ZX/SAM ROM Cartridges, instantly mentioned it was dead on arrival and returned it. Unsurprisingly (and never unexpected by various inform tale indicators, I even recorded the whole unboxing of the returned parcel) they returned a cartridge that they had beforehand purchased over a 12 months earlier which had been person broken. How might I tell it was the older cartridge that was returned? A easy change within the length of the toggle of the switches I had fitted to the latest batch. If you comply with me on Twitter you may have seen this debacle talked about a couple of occasions. Thankfully eBay sided with me regarding the refund for the return and I was not charged but disappointingly eBay refunded the purchaser themselves which does nothing to stamp out such abuse of the return system.(And the cart might have been simply repaired for a few quid!) I've since repaired the cartridge - it had 3 bent pins on the PLCC socket that holds the flash reminiscence chip so I've fitted a model new socket and reflashed the reminiscence chip with the standard video games that I've permission to incorporate with it (Mag The Magician and Dead Space) and i've additionally had made just a little "Returned by a Scammer" PCB plate which now adorns it to make it a considered one of a sort "particular version" cart! As I was not out of pocket for the return I've listed it on eBay with 100% of the proceeds being donated to the Retro Computer Museum in Leicester - a fantastic place to go to, run by an excellent bunch of people! Here's Andy the Museum's chairman holding the cartridge, from when I was visiting there at first of the month - it wasn't one in all their legendary gatherings however I used to be there repairing and upgrading their SAM Coupes and had a brilliant day! The cartridge can be utilized with the ZX Spectrum in case you have a Sinclair Interface 2 or my ZX ROM SLOT Interface to supply the cartridge port. On the SAM Coupe the cartridge can operate with my ZX-ECUTOR Interface. For extra info concerning the flash cart please click on right here or scroll right down to the 22nd April 2020 information article. The link to the eBay auction for the ROM cart, with 100% of proceeds going to the RCM, is: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115772109612 (7 day listing, ending at approx 9pm BST, Sunday 23rd April.) More Charity Items... I'm additionally itemizing fifteen or so other 'purchase it now' gadgets with a 10% donation of each going to the RCM. These things embody a choice of my SAM Coupe, ZX Spectrum and RC2014 hardware and a few SAM Revival magazines. These listings are lively now, working for a week until the primary charity auction above ends on the 23rd April. For everything I have on eBay please see: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/quazar-sam-coupe-salesThe listings with a charity donation have CHARITY in their title and you will see the eBay For Charity info within the listings themselves.

November News Update... Twenty fifth November 2022

2022 Computer Shows... Earlier in the month, I was at the Retro Computer Festival for 2 days on the Centre for Computing History in Cambridge and had a SAM Coupe set up with the prototype Symbiote co-processor plus a small Z80 based RC2014 Mini computer, along with quite a lot of merchandise out there to purchase on the day. What a completely fantastic time I had there, with a very good number of SAM Coupe house owners visiting for a natter and all the other retro guests I used to be talking to. So much curiosity to see what I do for the SAM as effectively so much positive suggestions on my future projects such as Pandemonium! The subsequent present I'm planning to attend is the Christmas 'Legendary Gathering' on the Retro Computer Museum in Leicester on Saturday third December. I hope to affirm this in the approaching days - I'll replace here in addition to put out a message on Twitter (www.twitter.com/QuazarSamCoupe) the place you will additionally find all my newest SAM/retro ramblings! *Update* I will likely be on the present on the third! :)

October News Update... 27th October 2022

Updated - Good news!Despite train strikes and different hassle, I'm now pleased say that I'm now all set for Cambridge so I will be attending both days of... Saturday fifth/Sunday sixth NovemberIt's time for the Retro Computer Festival 2022 at the Centre for Computing History in Cambridge that's happening on the primary weekend of November. I'll be there exhibiting the wide range of SAM Coupe products I make, as well because the few bits and pieces I make for different techniques (ZX Spectrum and RC2014) and soundchip related accessories. I'll have stock of hardware and SAM Revival journal with me. www.computinghistory.org.uk Show's that have now previous... Saturday 24th September - I was on the third Legendary Gathering of the yr on the Retro Computer Museum in Leicester. Met a number of SAM customers at the show and i had the prototype Symbiote eZ80 co-processor with me! Keep updated with the shows I'll be attending and my newest news by following me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/QuazarSamCoupe SAM Revival 26 suggestions... Thanks to all who took the time to share your feedback on situation 26 of SAM Revival journal which launched in June. It's all been tremendously positive! See the information section directly beneath to order your copy and to preorder issues 27 and 28.

SAM Revival problem 26 out now! 18th June 2022

I'm down at RetCon 2022 Retro Gaming Festival as we speak, however a fast update to say SAM Revival 26 - Out now! A huge 72 page "soft relaunch" subject, full colour professionally printed journal, filled with SAM Coupe goodness, with a cowl disk filled with software program. If you've got an previous subscription or pre-order for SAM Revival problem 26 I will be contacting you over the coming days to confirm the delivery address I've received for you is updated for transport the journal out. Features of subject 26 embody: SAM News - New hardware, software program, and so on... Developer Diary - Cybernaut, Pang, Invasion III Demoscene - Quick assessment of two latest demos plus an interview with a demo coder SAM Comment - A look at isometric, pico-eight inspiration, Amalthea Megapreviews - Treasure Island Dizzy and The Lower Caverns Accompanying the journal is a cowl disk packed with SAM Coupe software. Games: Flappy Bird - a SAM version of the traditional hit, by Howard Price of Cooking Circle BattleZone - 3D vector tank game, port of arcade machine basic, by Digital Reality Wubtris (particular version) - Updated model of Wubtris from Rob Evans of Wubsoft Blokker - re-release of the primary game from Mungus Software Mega Blast - re-release of an early Jupiter Software game Plus 2 utilties: ARMSID Config Utility - change ARMSID settings if using this chip with SID Interface Trinity BootBlock Update - updated bootblock for Trinity + AutoBOOT ROM users. SAM Revival difficulty 26 prices £9.Ninety nine + shipping. Please observe for nations apart from the UK there may be customs/handling fees. For customers within the EU the magazine will likely be sent as DDU (Delivered Duties Unpaid) so you can be charged VAT and a possible admin payment by your native postal operator when the parcel enters the country. To order with the EU VAT mechanically added please buy by way of my eBay store. SAM Revival situation 26 SR26 with UK transport £12.49 GBP SR26 with Europe delivery £14.Ninety nine GBP SR26 with World shipping £16.Ninety nine GBP

Looking to order a number of objects, together with SAM Revival 26? Please send me a message (click on right here) via my contact me form for a complete with mixed shipping costs.

Preordering the next issues... The following two points' characteristic applications are previewed in 26! As you may learn in SAM Revival 26, there's two massive games within the works for the SAM Coupe. Treasure Island Dizzy and The Lower Caverns are preliminary scheduled for the cowl disks with issue 27 and 28. Again, please word for nations aside from the UK there could also be customs/dealing with fees. For customers in the EU the magazines will be despatched out upon launch as DDU (Delivered Duties Unpaid) so you may be charged VAT and a doable admin charge by your local postal operator when the parcel enters the country. You might want to attend till launch to buy via eBay and prepay the EU VAT there. PREORDER: SAM Revival challenge 27 SR27 with UK delivery £12.Forty nine GBP SR27 with Europe shipping £14.Ninety nine GBP SR27 with World delivery £16.Ninety nine GBP

PREORDER: SAM Revival difficulty 28 SR28 with UK delivery £12.Forty nine GBP SR28 with Europe transport £14.Ninety nine GBP SR28 with World delivery £16.99 GBP

New Interface revealed at RCM Show... 9th May 2022

RCM in Leicester on seventh May Shoutout to everyone I met at the Legendary Gathering at the Retro Computer Museum... Saturday (7th May) saw the second Legendary Gathering of 2022 on the Retro Computer Museum in Leicester. I had an ideal day, brilliant to satisfy and chat with so many fellow retro developers and enthusiasts there! As hinted over the previous few weeks on Twitter, I'd been making a new prototype interface. Something totally different, one thing for enjoyable, my own little folly. Saturday's show was prime time to point out it off... An interface to learn VIC-20 cartridges! We've had a VIC-20 emulator on SAM for plenty of years (brilliantly coded by Simon Owen again in 2008), however with my "8 bit gene splicing" antics of getting other computer stuff engaged on the SAM (similar to my SID Interface first launched in 2003, to use the Commodore 64 SID soundchip, then ZX-ECUTOR in 2019 to make use of ZX Spectrum ROM Carts on SAM) I've had a nigling concept for a while to try one thing with VIC-20 cartridges to learn them in and use on the emulator. A number of limitations and hurdles, I've had to modify the emulator to permit 8K cartridge dumps to reside in reminiscence (with the present way the emulator is written I won't at present be capable to deal with 16K/32K cartridges - though my interface can learn all 4 of the 8K ROM areas from the cartridge.) and a few tweaks and patches to the emulator for different character set deal with dealing with, particular colours changes (due to SAM's graphic MODE2 limitations and how some games mix foreground/background colours) and some other tweaks, I had Radar Rat Race cartridge being read in and operating on the emulator. Followed the next day with Q*Bert! Also had the present I had my ZX Spectrum Next dev board set up, using my ZX-RC Bus Interface to drive my RC2014 SID Soundchip Interface... Keep up to date with future shows I'll be attending and newest news by conserving a watch on my Twitter: www.twitter.com/QuazarSamCoupe

General Update... 14th March 2022

Retro Computer Museum Legendary Gathering / And thanks for the mention in the most recent Pixel Fix Podcast... On the nineteenth February I was a visitor at the Retro Computer Museum's Legendary Gathering. Great to fulfill the people behind the museum in Leicester and there definitely was so much of tourists - hiya once more to the SAM homeowners I met there, great to see folks once more at shows after the long lockdowns and put faces to names of folks I've acquired to know over time. My thanks to Dean, Andy and Rob on the RCM for the point out and sort words in their most recent Pixel Fix Podcast. "He's supported the SAM Coupe for decades now... well, with out him,I don't suppose the SAM Coupe would exist..." What you guys say actually echoes the sentiments I've acquired from others over time! I really get pleasure from what I do for the SAM Coupe and i've lots more goodies for the system to come! Anyway, click on the image beneath to jump to the YouTube video of the podcast to listen to it all...

New Year Update... Sixth January 2022

Happy 2022 everybody. Three news updates to kick off the brand new yr... ZX-RC2014 Bus Interface New hardware launch for the ZX Spectrum! My first launch of 2022! This new "ZX-RC2014 Bus Interface" gives 2 expansion slots so as to add peripherals for the RC2014 Z80 based mostly methods to your ZX Spectrum. The interface is suitable with all fashions of ZX Spectrum: 16K, 48K, +, 128K, +2, +3, +2A/B and the new ZX Spectrum Next. In the video above I've used each my trusty ZX Spectrum+ and the ZX Spectrum Next (dev board). The interfaces I've demonstrated it with include the RC2014 Digital I/O card, the YM/AY Soundcard for the RC2014 by Ed Brindley, in addition to the two RC2014 peripherals I've designed and launched myself: Graphic OLED Interface and SID Soundchip Interface. While the ZX Spectrum assigns all even I/O addresses to it is ULA chip, most RC2014 peripherals (such as the four mentioned above and in the demonstration video) do enable you to vary the base I/O deal with so an handle not utilized by the ZX Spectrum itself could be chosen, however greatest to verify the specifications of any other RC2014 cards you probably want to hook up with your Spectrum by way of this interface. As well as two RC2014 interface slots this board additionally features a reset button (still handy for 16k/48k rubber keyed Spectrums) and an exterior power enter (micro-USB) as different power provide for the plugged in playing cards quite than taxing the Spectrum's 7805 power regulator in case you are utilizing power hungry playing cards. The ZX-RC2014 Bus Interface can also be fitted with an non-compulsory ZX Spectrum Edge Connector to will let you plug in an ordinary ZX Spectrum interface vertically, as well as two RC2014 playing cards. That is extraordinarily useful if you use a mass storage interface on your ZX Spectrum to save having to LOAD and SAVE to cassette and many others. Within the demonstration video I take advantage of the by means of port to plug in a DIVMMC Future interface to make use of SD cards for mass storage with my ZX Spectrum+. If you will be utilizing the interface with the ZX Spectrum Next you will in all probability not need to plug in a ZX Spectrum interface so can save a pair pounds by not having it fitted.ZX-RC2014 Bus Interface with ZX by way of port edge connector fitted.

ZX-RC2014 Bus Interface without by way of port. Ordering Both variations of the ZX-RC2014 Bus Interface are available now. The model with the ZX by port costs £29.Ninety nine And the model with out the by port costs £26.99. To order please send me a message (click here) through my contact me type and that i can ship through a PayPal invoice for the overall amount of the gadgets plus delivery. Alternatively, I've both interfaces listed on both eBay (seperate listings for with and with out the ZX by port edge connector) and on Tindie (select with/without via port on the listing). If shopping for on eBay and you're within the EU then eBay will robotically add on EU VAT as per new laws, otherwise by shopping for direct or via Tindie you will be charged by way of your nation's customs when the parcel enters your nation. Don't forget, if you are a SAM Coupe person I've already launched RC2014 Bus Interface playing cards to plug RC peripherals into the SAM - in both 2 and 4 slot versions. And that i've additionally released two dedicated RC2014 peripherals - SID Soundchip Interface and Graphic OLED Interface. Mechanical Keyboard feedback Thanks for the suggestions about the new keyboards! I've been blown away by the demand and suggestions for the mechanical keyboards I launched for the SAM Coupe in October. Scroll right down to the earlier information update for all of the information about both the standard Edition and Limited 'Prototype Tribute' edition. @SamsterDave on twitter snapped up a Limited Edition keyboard...

And feedback on the usual version, which you transplant your unique keycaps over to... "Absolutely incredible, nicely value ever penny. Joy to make use of, among the finest itemsI have purchased for my SAMs for a very long time." "The keyboard is lovely to kind on. such a lovely experience." "Awesome Keyboard for the Sam Coupe neglect the membranes... Fantastic Job By Quazar." Both varieties of keyboard at the moment are listed on eBay, or alternatively to order send me a message (click on here) through my contact me type. SN76489 Soundchip tinkering on the SAM Coupe Continuing my sonic adventures on the SAM! A little bit of enjoyable, wiring up another sound chip to the SAM Coupe, this time the SN76489 as used by a variety of early computers and consoles such as the BBC micro and the Sega Master System. If there's curiosity I can design a release model of the interface and improve the playback software program. Send me a message (click on right here) if involved!

*NEW Products* Mechanical Keyboards... 4th October 2021

I'm proud to be able to announce my latest products for the SAM Coupe! It's taken some work, but I'm joyful to reveal in the present day that I'm releasing Mechanical Keyboards for the SAM! If you've issues along with your current keyboard or membrane here's a dependable resolution, constructing on the quality inherent with mechanical keyboards. Two different versions, both obtainable now: a normal edition and a restricted version. Listed below are all the details... Standard Edition Mechanical Keyboard The standard version of the Mechanical Keyboard replaces the whole keyboard assembly that sits in the highest lid of the SAM Coupe case. The keycaps out of your original keyboard might be simply moved over to the Mechanical Keyboard, with the stabilisers too for the Shift and Return keys. The Mechanical Keyboard sits perfectly inside the keyboard shelf on the lid of the SAM, secured in place through the prevailing four mounting holes. Connectors poke by way of the cutout used by the membrane tails, to which two ribbon cables then attach. On the ends of the ribbon cables are two skinny PCB connectors that plug immediately into the keyboard connectors on the SAM motherboard. No soldering required, the only instrument needed is a posidrive screwdriver for opening the SAM Coupe case and to swap over the keyboard assemblies. Throughout the designing and testing I've tried out many several types of mechanical change and have chosen two varieties to keep in stock and provide. A linear model switch (60g pressure, a very snug typing switch that I'm now utilizing myself) and a clicky type change (55g strain). The clicky model have a tactile/audible click on when pressed and are a firm favourite of mechanical keyboard followers! You can choose the kind of switch you want when ordering. The usual version Mechanical Keyboards can be found now for £99.Ninety nine + shipping. Limited Edition "Prototype Tribute" Mechanical Keyboard Now this is one thing particular! Inspired by the prototype SAM units, five of which have been in-built 1989 earlier than the SAM went into full manufacture. Using comfortable mouldings of the SAM case, early PCB revisions, they were fitted with hand construct keyboards using small tactile switches and clear keycaps. These 'SAMP' (SAM Prototype) machines were the ultimate tests of the system and given to a few of the principle builders and testers at the time. Here's photos of two of the SAMP models... I've paid attention and kept as close as doable to the original units, working from images I've been in a position to faithfully recreate a tribute mechanical keyboard as close as possible to the originals. I'm producing a limited version run of 9 of these Mechanical Keyboards, available now for £199.Ninety nine + transport. Again, you may select to have both linear or clicky switches fitted. Ordering Both versions are available now. To order please send me a message (click here) by way of my contact me type and i can ship by way of a PayPal bill for the overall quantity of the items plus transport. Please also advise the kind of swap to be fitted - linear or clicky too. Any questions or queries, send them by too and I'll reply as soon as attainable. For availability of the Limited Edition Prototype Tribute Keyboard, please also send me a message. Alternatively, the usual edition Mechanical Keyboard is offered by way of my eBay store, which is particularly useful for patrons in EU nations as eBay will robotically add on EU VAT as per new laws and I'll be able to log that on the transport data to avoid wasting an additional handling charge being applied by the delivering postal service in your country.Click here for my eBay retailer.

Three New Products... 10th September 2021

Over the past two weeks I've launched three new items of hardware! All are available now. To order please ship me a message (click on right here) through my contact me kind and i can ship via a PayPal invoice for the entire quantity of the items plus the transport. Any questions or queries, send them via too and I'll answer as quickly as possible. Alternatively, most of my gadgets could be bought via my eBay retailer, which is especially helpful for purchasers in EU international locations as eBay will mechanically add on EU VAT as per new rules and I'll be able to log that on the shipping data to save an additional dealing with cost being utilized by the delivering postal service in your nation.Click here for my eBay retailer. Three Way Expansion Card... Released firstly of September 2021 based on a buyer request, this is an expanded version of my two manner expansion card that I've been producing for many years. So if it's worthwhile to plug in up to a few peripherals to the primary euroconnector enlargement socket on the again of the SAM Coupe then this is the expansion card you want! Giving two vertical expansion sockets and one horizontal on the rear. There's also two non-compulsory spacers included which might be screwed into the card to offer it assist underneath. Available now, priced £33.99 + shipping. 4 Slot RC2014 Bus Interface... Another expanded version of an earlier interface, this expanded Bus Interface card lets you plug in four periperhals designed for the RC2014 DIY Z80 computer into the SAM Coupe. Designed to use I/O primarily based peripherals please ensure the interfaces you hook up with don't clash with the I/O area of the SAM Coupe itself (Ports &Ex, &Fx) or if used with other Quazar hardware (&Dx). Available now for £28.Ninety nine + transport. Don't forget I now additionally produce a pair RC2014 peripherals, which all work on the SAM Coupe via the Bus Interfaces - see my subpage at: 2014.samcoupe.com ZX True Tone (ZXTT)... I've a very long background in laptop audio and this launch harks back to the hours and hours I spent listening to the improbable AY music on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum in the early 90's! The ZX True Tone (or ZXTT for brief) is an add-on module for Ed Brindley's YM / AY soundcard for the RC2014 DIY laptop (and compatibles, plus it can be utilized on the SAM Coupe with either of my 2 slot or four slot RC2014 Bus Interface playing cards) and its objective is to give it the precise clock frequency to the soundchip to have the correct pitch matching the AY in the ZX Spectrum 128K onwards. The tone of the YM and AY soundchips are all derived from the clock sign it receives. The ZX Spectrum's AY soundchip was fed with a 1.7734MHz clock which this module matches. There is not much management of the clock on Ed's soundcard, as his circuit can present a clock from either the main system clock divided by 2 or divided by 4, or on the Rev 6.1 card a separate oscillator module. If you are using the card to play ZX Spectrum tunes and the AY is fed a clock velocity decrease then the pitch of the tones will be lower, likewise if clocked higher then the pitch of the tone will be increased, so the tunes won't sound exactly proper. My ZXTT module replaces one of many chips on the YM/AY interface and feeds the soundchip the exact 1.7734MHz clock pace so the tunes can be the very same pitch because the ZX Spectrum. Essential for any severe demotune fans out there! This module will fit each the Revision 5 of the YM/AY Soundcard boards (the model presently bought as a kit by RFC2795 Ltd on Tindie or z80kits.com) and Revision 6.1 boards (gerbers/schematics for each 5 and 6.1 are available from Ed himself on Github -> electrified/rc2014-ym2149) The ZXTT prices £14.Ninety nine + shipping, and is out now! Here's a video of it in motion, fitted to a Rev 5 YM/AY Soundcard, plugged into a four Slot RC2014 Bus Interface in the back of my SAM Coupe. I'm using code to play ZX Spectrum Soundtracker recordsdata (with a one byte patch to point to the I/O tackle of the soundcard). I'll be trying on the player routines and what to POKE totally different to drive this card in a future challenge of SAM Revival journal.

Update... Thirtieth July 2021

Some fast updates... Symbiote... Work continues on Symbiote - my eZ80 co-processor and advanced sound board, combined with a number of different hardware magic methods. With the prototype nearly fully complete having had some additional tweaks and enhancements, here's slightly taster of it's advanced sound capabilities that I first showed on Twitter. 48KHz ADPCM 8:1 compressed 16-bit sample playback, based mostly on a few of my unique code for the Quazar Surround soundcard, however as this is on the eZ80 it is at a much larger sampling charge. If you're not already following me on Twitter, please do as I submit most days there about my SAM developments -> @QuazarSamCoupe SAM Revival 26... Confirming the complete software line up for the coverdisk with SAM Revival 26: Blokker - Full sport, by Mungus Software Mega Blast - Full recreation, by Jupiter Software. Wubtris Special Edition - New recreation by Rob Evans. Flappy Bird - New recreation for 2021 by Howard Price. Battlezone - New sport for 2021 by Chris Pile. Trinity Update - Updated bootblock code for Trinity customers with the optional BOOT ROM. ARMSID Config - Configure the chip mode and filter settings if you're utilizing an ARMSID with the SID Soundchip Interface. To preorder concern 26 of SAM Revival magazine, or for back points, please see this web page. Coming up in future points there will be more classic re-releases of games from Jupiter, Mungus and Hydrasoft which I have the rights to so fairly a couple of titles to return, plus some extra new games and demos already lined up. Limited Edition Hardware... The 9 Quazar Surround twenty fifth Anniversary Edition soundcards that I've already announced are on monitor to be out there in September. Although pricing shouldn't be confirmed but, if you have an interest in one please drop me a message and I'll add you to the list of who I'll be contacting after they can be found to ship. I'll be announcing the following limited edition hardware launch in SAM Revival 26... Trinity Ethernet Interface... Alas, the batch of Trinity Ethernet Interfaces that were produced with purple PCBs are bought out. For the brand new batch I've gone with funky red! Trinity provides Ethernet and mass storage by way of SD / SDHC cards. Available for £79.99 + delivery.

Update! Magazines, Hardware, More... 12th November 2020

SAM Revival challenge 26... Hello and welcome if you are reading this having been pointed in my path by the featuring of 'SAM Revival' journal in David Crookes' retro article in the latest (and sadly last) issue of Computer Shopper magazine. I began SAM Revival journal back in the summer time of 2002 and since then it's expanded from a black and white printed fanzine into a professionally printed journal with software program coverdisks. All back problems with SAM Revival are available, for all the main points on past points and to order please click here. (Just to correct the article slightly, 'Soundbyte' the disk I produced with video games, utilities and music particularly for my Quazar Surround soundcard for the SAM Coupe, did not evolve into SAM Revival - it is a seperate diskzine. I continued producing Soundbyte up till 2004 with a complete of 76 points. However with the new Quazar Surround 25th Anniversary Edition out later this yr, plus the backwards compatibility in my forthcoming eZ80 co-processor, 'Symbiote', I have the urge to supply a few new issues! See the information later in this update relating to these new items of hardware...) Issue 26 is now coming together and aiming to be on the printers at the top of the month, to be then despatched out throughout early December. The unbelievable cowl was drawn by Warren Lee, to accompany his second Developer Diary entry for the sport he's engaged on: 'Invasion III'. The cover disk with challenge 26 features several games and utilities, together with Blokker (1995, Mungus Softare). Their first launch way again in 1995, that includes sound effects for the Quazar Surround soundcard (and appropriate with the forthcoming 'Symbiote' eZ80 co-processor which is Quazar Surround appropriate in 'Legacy' mode). The second re-launch on the cowl disk is MegaBlast (1994, Jupiter Software). Heavily impressed by 'Bomberman' type video games, it options each a single participant sport and a multiplayer sport for up to 4 players. One of many utlities on the problem 26 cover disk means that you can configure the 'ARMSID' should you occur to be using one along with your SID Soundchip Interface on your SAM Coupe.

New Release: ZX ROM SLOT Interface... Introduction Presenting my second hardware release of 2020 and also my first piece of devoted hardware for the ZX Spectrum. While I've centered purely on creating for the SAM Coupe since 1993 my first pc was a 48k ZX Spectrum back in 1983, followed by the +2 in 1986. The ZX ROM Cartridge Slot provides your ZX Spectrum an Interface 2 style cartridge slot to allow you to make use of the ROM cartridges. Initially there were simply 10 cartridges released back in 1983/four however there's been a pair third social gathering ones since, including my very own 'ZX/SAM ROM CART' which you'll be able to see in my different listings. System Requirements The ZX ROM Cartridge Slot is appropriate with all fashions of ZX Spectrum. There's a small switch on the interface to pick out the type of computer, which can be set as: - 16K / 48K / 128K / +2 (this mode also for the new ZX Spectrum Next) or +2A/+2B/+three The later models had different control alerts on the sting connector so to make sure appropriate operation on these later fashions my design additionally incorporates several diodes to ensure the indicators operate appropriately and let the internal system ROMs operate correctly when there is no cartridge plugged in. There's also a reset button too, useful for 16K/48K ZX Spectrum customers. I've also tested this interface on the brand new ZX Spectrum Next. Works perfectly, set the swap to '16K/48K/128K/+2' after which use the ROM choice in the following's principal menu. Ordering The ZX ROM Slot Interface prices £16.99 + postage. Any questions please ask. If you are also after an Interface 2 type cartridge to use on the ZX Spectrum, see the 'ZX/SAM ROM CART' under which has two free games included.

New Releases: Interfaces for the RC2014 and compatibles.. Something completely different, I've designed and released a pair interfaces to be used with the RC2014 DIY Z80 Computer system (and compatibles that share the same bus). First is a SID Soundchip Interface, which is derived from my unique SAM Coupe SID Interface, and in addition a Graphic OLED Interface. However, using my RC2014 Bus Interface card launched last yr (scroll down!) these may work on the SAM Coupe! In reality, the SID Interface is totally suitable with the existing SID software program on the SAM! For all the small print and ordering for these two interfaces, please see my dedicated webpage at: 2014.samcoupe.com

Coming Soon: Quazar Surround twenty fifth Anniversary Edition... 25 years ago, within the summer season of 1995 I posted out the first Quazar Surround soundcards for the SAM Coupe. In celebration, I'm producing a particular, restricted version version of my soundcard. The Quazar Surround was my first piece of hardware for the SAM, giving it multichannel, digital sound with surround sound outputs. Through the years I produced 76 issues of 'Soundbyte' diskzine to give the Quazar Surround lots of software help, and there are different full video games and software that assist the soundcard. My original Quazar Surround soundcards had been in an off the shelf aluminium case. The brand new anniversary restricted version are constructed into the black test mouldings produced for MGT's interface containers earlier than the complete run in white back in 1989, making them additional particular incorporating part of MGT's historical past. As such, there'll only be a single batch of 9 models accessible. For more data and if you have an interest in a single, please ship me a message by way of my Contact Me Form. More info will even be in SAM Revival difficulty 26.

In Development: Symbiote... I have been able to spend a fair bit of time working on the prototype (shown above in it is present type!) and software program for Symbiote, my forthcoming eZ80 co-processor for the SAM. One final a part of hardware to finish building and take a look at earlier than I begin to put it collectively into the production model subsequent yr. To maintain updated with the tinkerings on this, and all the things else I do, please follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/QuazarSamCoupe

And at last... The final twelve months have been considerably busy for hardware releases, with extra coming before the 12 months is out. I'm already planning software program releases for early subsequent yr together with subject 27 of SAM Revival journal, which ought to have a really 'eggciting' recreation on the coverdisk! If you happen to need to order several of my products; hardware, software program, magazines, please drop me a message so I calculate a single shipping cost for the order. Please use the Contact Me Form. Always pleased to hear from you when you've got questions and queries too!

News Update... 22nd April 2020

New Release: ZX/SAM ROM CART - 16 financial institution flash memory card... Introduction Presenting my first hardware launch of 2020 and also my first piece of hardware that is additionally appropriate with the ZX Spectrum as nicely because the SAM Coupe. While I've targeted purely on developing for the SAM Coupe since 1993 my first laptop was a 48k ZX Spectrum again in 1983, followed by the +2 in 1986. The ZX/SAM ROM CART permits you to retailer 16 ROM cartridge images (16K ZX Spectrum cartridge ROMs, with an expanded 32K mode for the SAM Coupe) on a single cartridge and choose them by way of the rotary management in the corner of the cartridge. So when you've got a ZX Spectrum (with an Interface 2, RAM Turbo interface, Kempston Pro Joystick interface or other interface to present it a cartridge port) or you have got a SAM Coupe with the ZX-ECUTOR interface that I launched in December then this cartridge is for you! Preloaded Software + Free Games! The cartridge is supplied with a number of items of test code loaded. After all it can't be equipped with any copyrighted code preloaded into it. But on-line you'll discover a few cartridge video games to download and set up, in addition to various ZX Spectrum system ROMs such as Geoff Wearmouth's GW03 and looking Glass ROMs, a prototype ZX Spectrum ROM made out there by the Centre for Computing History and so on. By flashing a ZX System ROM you may have your SAM Coupe activate right into a ZX Spectrum emulating mode. A lot of the sixteen memory banks will be pre-loaded with only a small animation program to show that bank is empty. Interestingly, regardless of starting with the ZX Spectrum, this is my first machine code program for the ZX Spectrum. The ZX/SAM ROM CART is also preloaded with two free games, because of the courtesy of Radastan (@Bytemaniacos on Twitter if you want to say thanks!). 'Mag the Magician' and 'Dead Space' had been two games launched as ZX ROM cartridges in 2017 and 2018. Cheers Radastan! Lastly, I've written software program to put in writing to the reminiscence of the cartridge which is included in one of the banks on the cartridge. This software program is for the SAM Coupe only and might be put in onto a floppy disk. Writing to the Cartridge There are two methods to jot down ROMs into the sixteen banks on the cartridge. Firstly, software for the SAM Coupe is included on the cartridge which makes it simple to write to the memory. Alternatively, e.g. if you are a ZX Spectrum owner, you may pop out the flash reminiscence chip and use an EEPROM programmer to write to the chip. (Your programmer must support the SST39SF household of memory chips). Ordering The ZX/SAM ROM CART costs £19.99 + postage. Full directions are included. Any questions please ask. If you're looking to buy the cartridge, along with different hardware/software/magazines then I can work out the full price and shipping for you. Please use the Contact Me Form.

News Update... 13th February 2020

Two hardware releases from the tip of 2019... In November and December 2019 I launched two new items of SAM hardware. ZX-ECUTOR A brand new launch for December 2019, this interface lets you use ZX ROM Cartridges for the ZX Spectrum straight on the SAM Coupe. Supporting the original 10 ROM cartridges released again in 1983 by Sinclair to be used with their Interface 2 with some classic titles resembling Hungry Horace and Jetpac, the ZX-ECUTOR additionally helps new cartridge video games corresponding to Dead Space and different third occasion cartridges that I have been in a position to check it with. Options allow you to copy the 16K ROM to RAM so it could possibly run at the same velocity as the ZX Spectrum, or run instantly from the cartridge at uncontended ROM speeds so some games play way sooner than the Spectrum due to the SAM's uncontended 6MHz entry pace of ROM tackle space. Running instantly from the cartridge helps third party ROM carts which use paging to get more than 16K of reminiscence on them. However, please be aware that third celebration cartridges which are designed to load in snapshots is not going to work, they're going to nonetheless be anticipating to be on a real ZX Spectrum with it is own internal ROM. Any questions, please ask, and see my twitter for some videos of the ZX-ECUTOR in motion. Available now for £39.99 + postage.RC2014 Bus Interface Card New for November 2019, this interface lets you join RC2014 peripherals to the SAM Coupe, with two slots to allow two interfaces to attach at a time. Designed to use I/O based mostly peripherals please make sure the interfaces you connect with do not clash with the I/O space of the SAM Coupe itself (Ports &Ex, &Fx) or if used with different Quazar hardware (&Dx). Available now for £19.99 + postage. Mungus Software A crowd of oddball characters be a part of Quazar! Having bought the rights to Mungus Software's most important catalogue of SAM Coupe games I'm seeking to update them for re-release / characteristic on SAM Revival journal coverdisks. Mungus Software had small video games featured on Soundbyte and Fred disk magazines again within the 90s, along with two full standalone releases - Blokker and IMPostors. There's additionally the scope for potential sequels, early work was started on IMPostors 2 years ago. Please see issue 2 of SAM Revival magazine with Stephen from Mungus Software for an interview relating to IMPostors 2 again in 2002. More news soon...

January Update... Twenty fourth January 2019

Latest information, together with a fairly massive, exciting venture... (Additional update added 26th January 2019) SAM Revival 26 Magazine SAM Revival is bouncing again. Its been quiet too lengthy without a new concern, but Im now back working on finishing subject 26. Despite the lack of a brand new situation recently, SAM Revival has advanced over the last couple of years right into a professionally printed full colour publication. Back problems with 24 and 25 can be found in the brand new format and an incredible introduction to whats been occurring in the SAM Coupe world over time, plus some great coverdisks of software. All earlier issues are also nonetheless obtainable in their unique laser printed format. But more importantly, whats going to be in challenge 26? Its mainly a catchup challenge with a heck of loads of news to catch up on what has been in the works since the final situation. Reviews of a brand new SAM sport, plus previews of several extra, considered one of which is going to be very eggciting and should make you dizzy with anticipation! The Developer Diary is packed with info on much more video games in improvement. There's a new demoscene section, plus a number of extra characteristic articles and all the standard common sections too. There'll also be loads of protection of my next SAM interface, Symbiote (more on that beneath). The problem is trying to be over sixty four pages in measurement, all wrapped up in full colour professionally printed magazine with a gorgeous cover drawn by Warren Lee. The coverdisk might be that includes one new sport and one re-launch, plus a number of other demos and utilities - together with a brand new boot block to put in if you utilize the Trinity Ethernet Interface and the Auto BOOT ROM - this can let you robotically BOOT from a Record after B-DOS has been loaded in.Symbiote - eZ80 Co-Processor for the SAM Coupe Quick refresher of what Symbiote is. In 1995 my Quazar Surround soundcard gave SAM beautiful digital encompass sound. Its been crying out for an replace for years so it was initially my intention just to provide a tweaked soundcard utilizing modern elements and possibly expand it with some external memory. Despite mentioning exterior memory back in SAM Revival 25 and on my website there actually wasn't any actual curiosity in that, afterall external memory was launched by SAMCo back in 1992 for the SAM and aside from just a few SAM packages which used it for RAMdisks it really ignored, in order that concept was not one I lingered on. So for Symbiote I determined a fresh, new approach was required. To drastically enhance on the past capabilities without hanging onto anything that would be underutilised. Luckily, I already had a new design I might go back to. Back in 2003-7 I had been growing and prototyping a concept I had for a new SAM. Yes, that's proper, I had plans for a brand new SAM means again then, into which I had single handedly put a lot of time, effort and money and it had progressed somewhat far. Should you had been studying SAM Revival journal you would have adopted a couple of snippets of the work I had accomplished through a few of the initiatives I had revealed - such as the prototype Mayhem Accelerator to use a sooner Z80, in addition to some non-descript images within the 'SAM Spy' sections. Plus the Trinity Ethernet Interface stemmed from that work too when I used to be looking at mass storage choices - I did afterall want something to test out SD playing cards! But I had by no means revealed the majority of the work which I had up and operating that would have formed the core the system. I've already had a couple of chats with SAM programmers and the ideas individuals are having to benefit from the additional processing power of Symbiote are fairly astonishing! Where does Symbiote at present stand? Prototyping and testing of all of the subsections is completed. The next stage is preparation of the final hardware, firstly with the design of a brand new eZ80 sub board with the ultimate memory configuration and DACs, primarily all of the surface mount elements on a 4 layer PCB. After that combining all the remainder of the hardware into the main board and the development of an initial batch of interfaces for ultimate testing, developers, full the 'SAM in a Can 2's and anyone keen enough to start tinkering with it!Pandemonium - a brand new SAM! It began with three tweets on my twitter account on 1st January... (1of3) 2019. It's now 26 years since I bought my first SAM Coupe and 24 years since I began Quazar and all my frantic developing for the system. It is a disgrace the SAM did not thrive, but I usually imagine what I may do if I ever obtained my hands on a handful of SAM's ASIC chips. (2of3) The ASIC is the distinctive customized chip at the heart of the SAM Coupe. What may I do if I had some? A new SAM drastically enhanced with my additional peripherals and a faster Z80, plus an eZ80 co-processor? That might absolutely be some advanced micro! It would be utter pandemonium! (3of3) I just need those SAM Coupe ASIC chips... Oh wait... I have over 200 ?? Okay... Hmm... Pandemonium... Thats a funky codename for a brand new SAM! So, I happily announce 'Pandemonium'! I've an extended approach to go however it is underway! Stay tuned... While initially sounding a bit cryptic, I did just announce my subsequent hardware project that can observe on from Symbiote! Codenamed 'Pandemonium' for the time being, this will be a new SAM! Yes, you probably did learn that proper, a brand new SAM! What makes this attainable? Well, as covered in my new 12 months tweets, I've acquired my hands on a number of hundred of the ASIC chips - that's the customised VLSI logic array designed by Bruce Gordon, that gives all the principle system logic of the SAM Coupe - graphics generation, reminiscence paging, interrupts, MIDI, keyboard reading and many others, and so on. Why the title 'Pandemonium'? It's increasing on 'Mayhem' the title I used for my prototype SAM accelerator. While interest was very low over a decade ago it never totally progressed right into a released unit, nonetheless on the premise that I'll have the ability to make a restricted quantity of spanking new SAMs it makes sense to add in no matter I can incorporate, so that does embody making it sooner if attainable. I've already updated my accelerator design, so couple that with most of my other hardware peripherals that I've designed and released through the years, such because the Trinity Ethernet Interface and the forthcoming Symbiote, it'll be a slightly improbable laptop! With SAM Revival challenge 26 being a catchup subject, I'll go into more depth of my plans in difficulty 27. Within the meantime, when you have any comments or questions in any respect relating to Pandemonium, the opposite initiatives I've on the go for the SAM, my other products or really, anything to do with the SAM at all please all the time be at liberty to get in touch.Canvas Art Prints To assist increase funds for my ongoing tasks, equivalent to Symbiote and Pandemonium, I've produced a spread of canvas artwork prints. Ideal for jazzing up your laptop room! Having been capable of get my palms on the ASIC chips, I've had one decapped. That's the strategy of acid etching through the epoxy case of the chip to reveal the silicon core of the chip itself. Under high magnification parts of the silicon have been then photographed and i've captured an amazing picture of just a small nook of the ASIC which reveals VLSI's emblem and the half number. (I'll go into more element about all this in problem 27 of SAM Revival where extra of my work on Pandemonium will be revealed). These canvas prints of the ASIC are available in two sizes: 40x30cm and 60x40cm. (Approx dimension: A3 panorama and A2 landscape respectively). For pricing and transport please contact me here. I've additionally produced canvas art prints of customized chips from other classic dwelling computer systems, such as the ZX Spectrum ULA, Commodore 64 'SID' soundchip, Atari, Amiga 'Paula' Soundchip. For more info and to order please send me a message right here.

Update... 11th February 2018

Time to meet up with some information! Crash 2018 Annual... For those who follow the ZX Spectrum and SAM scene intently you'd have seen last yr a brand new situation of Crash magazine was funded through Kickstarter. Well, it was greater than a new challenge, it was a massive onerous-backed annual which was released in December 2017. Going again to the 1990s you'll have seen the SAM pages within the pages of every problem. Crash actually supported the SAM back in the early years, and I was honoured to jot down an article for the annual. Spanning three pages I covered very briefly the history of the SAM scene since the final situation of the magazine in the early 90s, then targeted on a number of the games which can be in the works, and then the final section gave the first data on some of my new initiatives that I've been engaged on - see beneath for the info on them. The Crash Annual 2018 remains to be available from Fusion Retro Books.

Amalthea II... Early in 2017 I purchased the rights to Jupiter Software's outdated SAM work. It was a privilege to work with the Jupiter chaps throughout the late 1990s and i wished to keep their legacy alive. They gave assist for my Quazar Surround soundcard proper from the get go, with both a few of their industrial releases supporting it as well as particular variations of a few of their older video games, new games and demos appearing on my Soundbyte magazine disk for the Quazar Surround. That they had initially planned a sequel to their hit sport Amalthea (launched in 1995 at the identical time because the Quazar Surround) however the disks containing the early work were damaged or destroyed over the years. With solely three development screenshots remaining I'm planning a sequel from scratch to keep the franchise going. I will be persevering with to re-launch older Jupiter video games on the coverdisk with SAM Revival, so look out for them on forthcoming issues. However, with regards to the unique Amalthea... I'm currently within the process of placing together a special version of it, updating the sport code for newer SAM hardware (e.g. installing onto the mass storage on Trinity). I'm aiming to have the game out there in March, with each floppy disk (3 disks) or SD card versions (for use with the Trinity interfaces) out there. News on each the re-release of Amalthea and a take a look at Jupiter's legacy and my plans for Amalthea II shall be in SAM Revival 26.Symbiote... In 1995 my Quazar Surround soundcard gave SAM gorgeous digital surround sound. Its been crying out for an replace for years so it was initially my intention simply to supply a tweaked soundcard utilizing fashionable parts and possibly increase it with some external reminiscence. Despite mentioning exterior memory again in SAM Revival 25 and on my web site there actually wasn't any real curiosity in that, afterall external reminiscence was launched by SAMCo again in 1992 for the SAM and aside from a number of SAM applications which used it for RAMdisks it really ignored, in order that thought was not one I lingered on. So for Symbiote I determined a recent, new method was required. To drastically enhance on the previous capabilities without hanging onto anything that would be underutilised. Luckily, I already had a brand new design I may return to. Back in 2003-7 I had been creating and prototyping a concept I had for a brand new SAM. Yes, that's right, I had plans for a new SAM approach back then, into which I had single handedly put a lot of time, effort and money and it had progressed moderately far. If you had been reading SAM Revival journal you would have adopted a number of snippets of the work I had finished by way of a few of the initiatives I had revealed - such because the prototype Mayhem Accelerator to use a sooner Z80, in addition to some non-descript photographs in the 'SAM Spy' sections. Plus the Trinity Ethernet Interface stemmed from that work too when I was taking a look at mass storage choices - I did afterall need one thing to test out SD playing cards! But I had never revealed the majority of the work which I had

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

회사명 다혜식품 주소 서울시 강서구 방화대로5다길 4-2 사업자 등록번호 152-02-01847 대표 라민재
전화 02-517-7658 팩스 02)566-3803 통신판매업신고번호 제 2020-서울강서-1679 개인정보 보호책임자 라민재
Copyright © 다혜식품. All Rights Reserved.

오늘 본 상품

오늘 본 상품이
없습니다.